Where to buy
Where should I buy clothing and kit?
You are not obliged to buy other kit from any particular supplier.
Club-branded kit for 2019 (shirts and caps) will be available to purchase at the club on training nights.
Second hand kit
We sometimes have a limited amount of second hand kit available for purchase that has been donated to the club and at the start of the season we will probably again be holding a 'bring and buy' sale of kit and clothing. For parents on a low income, we can often offer some of this second hand kit for free or low prices.
It is of course also worth trying sites such as eBay for second hand kit.
Some local shops that sell colts cricket clothing/kit (for information only; not an endorsement):
- Sports Direct in Sydenham or Peckham (decent selection of cricket clothing; cricket kit section is quite limited, but the shop is hard to beat on price especially for whites). Items can be ordered online (http://www.sportsdirect.com/) and collected in store.
- Thomas Schoolware (http://thomasschoolwear.co.uk/), which is near West Dulwich station, has a good selection of cricket gear for juniors during the cricket season.
- Beckenham Cricket Specialists (http://www.beckenhamcricketspec.com/) is another small but well stocked shop with a good selection of colts kit such as bats upstairs. Make sure that you ask for the SMCC club discount 10%.
- AJ Fordham (https://ajfordham.com/) - slighly further away from the club to the west, but AJ Fordham is a pair of long-established cricket shops in south London who have a good reputation.
- Decathlon (https://www.decathlon.co.uk/) is also now selling a basic range of cricket clothing and kit.
Some reputable online retailers which we have used and not had any problems with include: