MCCF Girls Hub - free for girls at state schools in years 5-10
For details, see MCCF Girls Hub - free training for state school girls in years 6-10
2020 summer term
- Limit of 25 players per squad (same as 2019)
- Sign-up in in Dec/Jan (exact dates to be announced) in 3 phases:
- Phase 1: Returners from summer term 2019 will be able to book
- Phase 2: Returners from summer term 2019 + parents who are booked into either our autumn or spring 10 weeks courses will be able to book
- Phase 3: Booking will be open to anyone to fill remaining places
When new courses and camps are bookable, we always publish information here on the website first (please look here first rather than emailing us). We then email parents on our mailing list. Use our registration form to add yourself to our mailing list.
Our first ever all-girls team, victorious in their first match, summer of 2017
A local centre for girls' cricket
Our numbers of girls has doubled each of the last three years. In 2019, we had 50 girls playing cricket at the club, all between schools year Reception and school year 8, with the majority in school years 2-7. We believe we're rapidly becoming the 'go to' club in the local area for girls of these ages.
U1 and U13 teams aimed at girls
In 2020 we will be aiming to double our numbers again, especially in school years 3-8 and will run two squads of around 20-30 girls:
- Under 11s soft-ball (years 4-6), playing in the Surrey Cricket Foundation Smash-it girls' league
- Under 13s hard-ball (years 6-8), playing in the North Kent Junior League Girls 13s division
SMCC Girls' first match in 2017 - SMCC vs Dulwich, was played in a great spirit with some of the girls having played together in a joint "Streatham & Dulwich" team only a few weeks earlier.
Our indoor training over the winter and spring terms are mixed as we don't currently have sufficient numbers to run girls only sessions. We know that many of the girls enjoy playing with the boys anyway.
In the summer term of 2020, there will be dedicated training sessions for the two girls's teams. See Summer season training for details.
From age 13 (school year 8) upwards, girls are also eligible to, and will be encouraged to, play for the senior SMCC Ladies team. The ladies & girls section is a thriving section of the club. For further details, see the Women's Cricket section on our main website.
We will continue to work with Surrey and London Schools Cricket Association to give our girls every opportunity to play representative cricket.