We're a non-profit
Like most cricket clubs, SMCC is a non-profit organisation and is a registered Community Amateur Sports Club, which is similar to being a charity.
The club is run by its members, for its members.
Very few of the people who help to run the club are paid (a few of the coaching staff and bar & cleaning staff) and the vast majority of the thousands of hours of work involved in managing, administering, scheduling, planning, organising, promoting, repairing, and looking after the facilities is done on an entirely voluntary basis by our members.
Ways you can help
- We are looking for more parents to get involved in
- Helping to run teams
- Helping to run the barbecue at training and to help organise social events
- Helping with the administration of the running of the club
- Helping with communications and promoting the club locally and in schools
- Helping to support training as assistants (ideally undergoing the 1 day ECB Level 1 Coach Support Worker course)
- Every spring around Easter, there is lots of work to be done around the club to prepare it for the new season - for example removing growth of plant matter in the gullies around the grounds, cutting tree branches, painting fences, repairing sight-screens and various other DIY activities to help maintain the buildings. It is hard work but we do it as a big group over several days. When the call goes out, please do volunteer a few hours to help.
- We are actively fundraising for our new pavilion. Fundraising ideas & donations are always welcome. Why not hold a party at the club? Colt members get very good hiring rates.
- Also, if you like SMCC Colts, please do recommend the club to friends and acquaintances, and why not give us a great review on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/wq6B1Ftc1t72 ?
If you are keen to get involved, please indicate this on the enrolment form and/or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org